There will be a focus on fundraising over the coming season as we aim to play our part in raising the money needed to refurbish our pavilion. We will be working in partnership with the Parish Council and the Bidborough Sports Association to upgrade this hub of the local sporting community to provide better facilities for all.
FOR INFORMATION ON THE PROJECT PLEASE VISIT: https://www.bidboroughpavilionfund.com/
The Parish Council and the Bidborough Sports Association are promoting the plans which have received planning permission and detailed building tender specifications are currently out to various construction firms such that we receive an appropriate number of valid tenders. Essentially the new building will stay in the same location but by utilising the spare ground to the left of the building as viewed from the church and by making use of the wasted space to the rear, it is possible to increase the floor area by over 70% and thus provide the following facilities:
- Two new changing rooms that meet minimum space requirements of the English Cricket Board and incorporate shower facilities within the room. This will make the facilities suitable for men, ladies and juniors and help with child protection issues.
- A toilet block that comprises gents, ladies and a designated disabled toilet as well as a particular toilet for the Bowls Club in their changing room.
- A new kitchen that runs along the side of the main frame and will provide hatch access to the veranda area.
- Much increased floor space that will provide room for entertaining teams and potentially provide space for fitness classes, meetings and possibly children’s parties
- Underfloor heating that will extend the use of the building for more of the year.